Monday, March 14, 2011

Smile!

As he gets closer to 5 weeks, Desh has become more aware and responsive. He has started making eye contact, looking at faces, smiling and cooing...which is so much fun. He is happiest in the morning and mid day. He likes to take long naps in the afternoon and then he usually goes down for the night pretty early. This is wonderful until 3 am hits and he's up for the day. I've realized that his afternoon nap is really the beginning of his nighttime sleep so I'm working on shortening that nap in hopes that it will lengthen our (very) early morning sleep.

His hair is growing in blonde, like I'm told mine did when I was a baby. So now he has blonde roots and dark tips, the opposite of what I have as an adult!
Every day is such a treat with the little guy. I love spending my days with him. We have our little routine down. He is still eating about every 2 hours (day and night), followed by a brief nap. I'm hoping with each week, the time between feedings will increase. But for now, I'm happy to spend those quiet moments with him.


1 comment:

  1. Oh me! Oh my! He is so cute in these photos.
    I love the smiles.....

    ReplyDelete