Thursday, March 17, 2011

No More Tears

Being a first time parent of a newborn, I'm convinced that it is possible to get more sleep...I just have to find the solution. So while this may be a bit delusional, I was determined. While nursing at 2:01am, 3:17am, and then again at 4:33am I went online and started searching for a way to get the little guy to sleep more without crying (him and me). I'm obsessed with the Community Boards on whattoexpect.com where moms post questions and comments. I love the Born in February 2011, Breastfeeding and Baby's First Year boards. I love reading what others are going through and comparing my experiences. For the most part I've discovered that I've got it pretty good. Very rarely do I read about someone who has it a little better. I hate when I read about someone's baby who sleeps 5+ hours at 4 weeks. I don't really believe it. Is that even possible???

Anyway, by reading about other new mom's experiences, I discovered a fabulous book called the No Cry Sleep Solution.

I quickly downloaded it on my phone and read the entire book in about 24 hours. As it instructed I begin to create my sleep logs. (I think I got more excited about creating Excel logs than the thought of getting a little more shut eye. If this was a school project and I was being graded, I would have gotten an A+ for effort on my logs.) Desh and I started the process on Monday. (We're supposed to go 10 days, then reevaluate. We're not supposed to give up on day 2. We're supposed to have patience and try, try again.) So here we are on Day 5 and its going pretty good.

Of course that wasn't enough. I wanted more!!! So I googled and discovered another book by the same author!!! All about napping! I was in heaven! (Sorry about all the exclamation marks, I was excited.)
Now, it may be too soon to type this, but I think these books have changed my life. It is only Day 5, but as I type this, my little guy is soundly napping going on 2 hours. And last night he only woke up 3 times after going down at 8pm. That may not sound like much but to us, that was an improvement. And we're not finished yet. Gotta go....I hear someone stirring.

2 comments:

  1. I have this book if you want it!!! Then you can have access to a hard copy too. Didn't work out for us but may for you.... those babies, I tell you! Good thing they are so darn cute and snuggly...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The spread sheet love made me laugh:)

    ReplyDelete