Thursday, March 3, 2011

Getting back my sanity

Our life has been turned upside down with our new little addition. Gone are the quiet evenings of dinner and cuddling on the couch after a long day of work. Now we are constantly holding, rocking, ssshing, feeding, changing, burping, and kissing little Desh. He's 3 weeks old now and doesn't let me forget that he's here. This week has been interesting, certainly a challenge. He is constantly wanting to eat and hardly sleeps.

During my pregnancy I read all sorts of parenting books and thought I had it all figured out. The day we brought him home from the hospital it all went out the window. Scheduled feedings? Yeah right. Napping while he naps? Ha! So far he's been making up the rules in our house. But I wonder, if he is making the rules now, will he also make them when he's a toddler, a kid and a teen?

I've decided I have had harder challenges in my life and I can do better than flying by the seat of my pants. I know that our life will never be the same but I'm determined to figure out something that works better for Desh and his sleep-deprived momma and daddy. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment