Saturday, March 5, 2011

Saturday means Daddy's Home!

These days I look forward to the weekends for different reasons than before Desh came into our lives. Weekends mean Daddy's home and gets to hang out with his little boy. Ken is an amazing father and bonded with Desh instantly. He is always happy and willing to change dirty diapers, burp him, bathe him and whatever else little Desh needs no matter the time of day. He loves holding him and singing to him and hanging out with him.
On another note, we've been working at getting Desh to sleep in his own bed. While my sister was here last weekend, she told me about a sleeper swaddler. It sounded brilliant because the little guy always manages to get out of his swaddle and gets cold. So I jumped online and bought one. It came on Thursday, we washed it on Friday and it was ready to go. I tried it out during his afternoon nap and he loved it! Yay!!!
He's doing so much better at napping in his crib during the day and sleeping in his bassinet at night. At about 5:30 am he wakes up wanting a snack and to stay in bed with us. If we try to put him back in bed, he fusses until we pick him up. I'm okay with that though because I love to cuddle with him. We are making progress and I'm able to predict when he'll sleep which means I get a nap too or am able to get other things done. Makes me very happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment