Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Six Months!

Our sweet little guy is 6 months this week. He is 15 lbs. 15 oz and 26.5" long. 

He is such a happy and loving little boy. He loves a party and any excuse to stay up late. But he is sleeping longer at night (yay!), taking longer naps and staying awake longer in between. (Longer is good.)

Deshy has started eating solids. So far he has eaten pear, banana, avocado and watermelon. The only thing he's liked so far is the watermelon in the mesh bag, but he didn't spit out the avocado so I think we'll try that again. We put it in front of him on his high chair tray tonight and let him go to town. More of it ended up down his front than in his mouth. 

Deshy is always happy. He loves to see new things and to touch EVERYTHING. He loves swimming and taking baths. He loves playing airplane with Daddy and being tickled and getting kisses on his tummy and neck. He can sit up all by himself for a few seconds if propped properly. He is starting to get up on this hands and knees and move back and forth. He can scoot backward on his tummy by kicking his legs. He is really good at pulling his toys closer to himself. Yesterday, at his 6 month appointment, his pediatrician asked if we had child proofed our house yet. And our response was: Already??? 

I guess we'll be anchoring the bookshelves this weekend. 






 Love that little boy!


2 comments:

  1. Just got caught up on your blog! Why do I keep forgetting this one?! It's my favorite! I link it to mine. Each post/picture is cute as can be. I was going to demand you never cut Deshys hair but then I got to the haircut post and I got so excited to LV I forgot and gushed over how cute those pictures are. Next time Ken goes please tell him to tell L a big hi and a hug for me. Love him! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh Already Six Months. I told you time will fly by before you know it will be time to plan his first Birthday party.... Cute as ever.

    ReplyDelete