Thursday, May 12, 2011

The First Laugh

Yesterday, while holding Desh in my lap, I started to watch a video of a Marshall Christmas filmed in 2005 that my brother had posted online. He dubbed the "Tequila!" song on it and as I started to play it, Desh stuck out his bottom lip and started to go "mmmmmmmmmm" in protest.

I had to laugh but turned it off to watch at another time. After that I had the song stuck in my head, so later on while playing with Desh I started to sing it to him while wiggling his arms and making him dance. To my surprise he let out a giggle! His first one. It was music to my ears so I did it again and got another giggle. How I wish that someone was there to witness it. I texted Ken and told him to hurry home. But the giggles were done for the day.

This morning Desh woke up at 5 am (which he usually does) but then wouldn't go back to sleep (which he sometimes does) and the three of us found ourselves laying in bed talking and playing. Next thing we know, with a little prompting, Desh was laughing again! It was the most beautiful sound! I know someday soon we won't have to work so hard to get a giggle or two. That is, at least until his teenage years.

No comments:

Post a Comment