Tuesday, April 19, 2011

These Days


I realized that I didn't post Desh's stats from last week's 2 month appointment: Desh now weighs 12 pounds and is 23 3/4" long! He will be 10 weeks old tomorrow.

We were told to do tummy time to strengthen his neck, back and arms. He grunts during the first few minutes of it and then gradually gets mad so we don't do it for long.

Desh loves to lay in his crib and watch his mobile. He tracks each animal with his eyes. As soon as I start to wind up the mobile, he smiles and wiggles and kicks with excitement.

He loves to be rocked. And I love to rock him. We rock for hours. So much so that he can't fall asleep for a nap without a little rocking. I know I'll regret that someday but for now I can't help myself.

Speaking of sleep, I've come to terms with it. His first nightly shift of sleep lasts about 3-4 hours and then its 1.5-2 hours after that. His daytime naps last anywhere from 20 to 45 minutes, usually about 30 minutes, but he takes them about every other hour which means I can eat during one nap, shower during the next, clean the kitchen during the next one, etc. I can get a lot done this way if I plan out my day. My blogging is done sporadically throughout the day during his naps. One post can take half a day to write and the other half to insert pictures.

Desh loves his hands. When he can't get to his paci, he'll suck and slobber all over his chubby little fists. I catch him staring at them as they move.

Desh still loves to stare at ceiling fans. Sometimes he'll fuss and then suddenly notice the ceiling fan and stop to look at it. I can see his little mind working trying to figure out just what is that black star above him.

His absolute favorite thing is still laying on his changing table in the window with the shade up. He loves the sunshine and will wiggle and smile while I talk and sing to him.

Desh is a happy little boy. I can't get enough of him. He's getting bigger everyday.

I have to add these pictures of Desh and his crazy hair just because they make me laugh.



No comments:

Post a Comment