Wednesday, April 13, 2011

And so it begins….

Desh and I went back to work last week and being that I work at a preschool with over 200 kids, the inevitable happened. Desh experienced his first illness. Tuesday morning he woke up with conjunctivitis. I think it was more unsightly than painful. He didn’t seem to mind it until we gave him his eye drops and then he was more mad then anything.

While we were at the doctor, the poor little guy also got his 2 month shots. With the first shot, he didn’t even blink. The second one brought on a whimper. And the third one pushed him over the edge. He wailed and his face turned red. He was not happy! He soon calmed down after he had a little snack and by the time we got him dressed he was smiling again. That evening he was a bit fussy but went to bed by 8:30 and slept, only waking up to eat every few hours.

I think these things are harder on Mom than they are on Desh. I’m sure this isn’t even the worst of what’s to come. And I’ll probably do what my mom said she did, just get through it then cry when its over.

No comments:

Post a Comment