Thursday, February 10, 2011

Introducing....Desh Edward

On Monday, February 7th, I begin having contractions. It was a holiday so I was home all day. I was still feeling pretty good and was able to talk through them. They radiated through my tummy and down my legs. By the time Ken got home, I decided we needed to head to the hospital. We chatted and laughed and filmed each other during the drive there. Turns out I was only dilated to 2cm so they had me walk up and down the hallway for an hour. Unfortunately, nothing changed and they sent me home with a sleeping pill. The next day I was feeling worse so I called in sick to work. The contractions continued all day gradually getting worse and worse. This time they were in my back and abdomen. By the time Ken came home from work that night, I was having to breath through each contraction and they were pretty painful. I told him I couldn't go through another day of this. Even still, we weren't in a hurry to get to the hospital, so Ken made potato soup and we sat down to eat.

By the time we got to the hospital I was feeling crummy and a bit of an emotional mess. Fortunately I was dilated to 6 cm so they admitted me. My mom soon arrived and joined us while I labored and even during the delivery.
At 11pm I asked for an epidural and soon after, my water broke. They had me start pushing at about quarter to 2am and at 2:54 am, our little guy came into the world.

Born on February 9, 2011, he weighed 7 pounds, 8 ounces and was 21 inches long. He is perfect.



No comments:

Post a Comment